This guide will explain the way to configure DNS servers within the Vestacp including the way to register private nameservers for domains registered to your GoDaddy account.
Let’s get started…
If you would like to manage DNS zones for your Cloud hosting plan using the Vestacp, you’ll get to found out nameservers to permit this.
You will first get to create two DNS A records pointing to the server IP address to use as nameservers – for this guide, we’ll use:
See the subsequent guide for instructions on adding A records to domains registered within your godaddy.com account.
Registering Private Nameservers with godaddy.com
The following steps are going to be required if you would like to use the nameservers to an equivalent name that you simply are using for the nameserver hostnames – for instance setting name servers for ‘yourdomain.com’ to ns1.yourdomain.com, ns2.yourdomain.com.
Each registrar may have different methods for fixing private name servers and storing the specified glue records – the instructions below will explain the way to carry this out for domains registered to a godaddy.com account.
- Go to the ‘Domains’ section of your godaddy.com account.
- Select to Domain manage the name you plan to use because of the hostname for your private nameservers
- Select ‘edit name servers’
- Replace the prevailing nameserver settings with the new entries within the following format: ns1.yourdomain.com ns2.yourdomain.com
Enter the IP address of your server under the IP address fields for every name server.
This completes the method required to register your private name servers and store the glue records (IP addresses) with the registry.
Configuring Nameservers within the Vestacp
- You will first get to add a domain name within the Vestacp.
- Go to the DNS menu.
- Select ‘edit’ under the sub-menu for your domain.
- Change template to child-ns
- Go to the ‘Packages’ menu
- Edit the ‘default’ package – or the specified package if you’ve got previously customized these settings.
- Enter ns1.yourdomain.com and ns2.yourdomain.com under ‘name servers’ and choose ‘save’.
- You can now use these nameservers to point other domains to your cloud hosting and manage the DNS zones for these domains via the Vestacp .