Most new Shopify store owners find it very difficult to set up facebook Pixel in their Shopify store. Most of them have problems like no activity tracking, pixels are not active, and some other issues.
We understand how new entrepreneurs may feel overwhelmed by the amount of knowledge available about Facebook Pixel.
You may have questions about how to add Facebook Pixel to Shopify, or how to add custom Facebook audience Pixel, or where you can find Pixel ID.
Fret not, today we will help you understand what Facebook Pixel is, what it does, and how you can use them on your Shopify store to optimize Facebook Ads campaign you.
We will try our best to answer all questions regarding Facebook Pixel and integration with Shopify.
What is a Facebook Pixel? Why Should You Use it?
Facebook Pixel, in short, is a tool to track visitors to your Shopify and audience. By integrating Facebook Pixel on your Shopify store, you will allow Facebook to collect important data on visitors, visitor interests, behaviors, actions, and their demographic information.
In return, Facebook to track people who are specifically interested in your offer and your ad campaigns will see more success.
pixel track certain groups of visitors who take a particular action, visit a certain page, it looks certain products and provide targeted data that you can use to narrow your target audience for the advertising campaign.
Facebook Pixel allows you to optimize your ads and increase your sales through automated bid that target certain people who are more likely to place orders and reach the right audience by targeting only those who actually visit / ordered from your store and lookalikes they (people who share interests and people like them).
Facebook is going to a social media platform to kick start a digital marketing campaign for the majority of new entrepreneurs.
Using Facebook Pixel with your Shopify store gives you the opportunity to learn more about your visitors, behaviors, interests, and demographics. You can use this data to run a Facebook ad campaigns targeted to specific groups of people.
How to Make Facebook Pixel?
Before adding Facebook Pixel for Shopify, you need to create a Pixel on Facebook Ads Manager. Here is how you can do it.
- Log in to your Facebook account and Head to the Facebook Ads Manager.
2. Click the Navigation Pane and select Pixels under section Measure & Report.
3. Click the Create button Pixel on a new page. A new window will pop-up.
4. Enter a name Pixel. You can create one pixel per ad account. However, upgrades to the Business Manager will give you up to 10 additional pixels. Click Create.
5. Now you can install Pixel on your Shopify store. Since we are using Shopify, click “Use integration or tag manager” to automatically integrate Pixel with your Shopify.
6. Select Shopify from the partner list. You’ll see a list of instructions and videos to add Facebook Pixel to Shopify, but we’ll walk you through the process.
How To Test Your Facebook Pixel?
Here is a simple and easy way that you can use to determine whether the pixel you are working or not.
Just go to business.facebook.com. Go to your Ads Manager. Click the icon at the top right and then click Pixels
After that, click the Test Events.
Now open your website. Go to the product page. Then head to your Facebook Business Admin.
Here you will see all the data to appear.
When you move to another page on your web site, for example, if you add a product to the cart. You can view the associated events triggered in the Pixel.If you checkout and other events, you can see all the events triggered in your Business Manager.
This is how you test your Facebook Pixel to see whether it works or not and if the triggering event right on your website.
Getting the most out of Facebook Pixel
Pixel and running on your Shopify store. Now is the time to optimize it to get the most out of it.
Create Custom Conversions
A Custom Conversions created by selecting a final settlement page and naming the type of conversion. Typically, some kind of completion page thank you page or something similar. As an example:
Thank you for shopping with us, your product is on the way
Thank you for registering with us, you will receive your first email soon
Thank you for your feedback, here’s a freebie
Because Facebook is the new Pixel active on all pages of your Shopify store, track when people visit the page finishes – especially visitors who clicked on one of your ads.
Here is how you can create custom conversions to track your customer conversion.
1. Head over to Facebook Ads Manager > Navigation Panel > Pixels.
2. Click Details, you will see a new page where all your tracking data is available.
3. Click Create Custom Conversion for a new pop-up bar.
4. Now, you add keywords to the URL you want to track. At the bottom of choosing categories that define the events, you want to track. Congratulations, you can now track the specific conversion page.
Create Custom Audience
Facebook lets you retarget your audience by using Custom Audiences feature in Pixel. The Pixel track the movement, the action, your visitors.
Custom Audiences feature allows you to target specific groups of people who share some traits. Some examples of the types of visitors including,
- Visitors who’ve visited your website in the last 24 hours
- Visitors who’ve visited your website in the past 180 days but have not been back in 30 days
- Visitors who have visited a particular page on your web site
- Visitors who have visited a particular page on your web site, but no other specific pages.
- Visitors who spend a certain amount of time on your website.
Independent of advertising audiences. After you create a custom audience, you can choose yourself when you want to advertise for it and what ads to show them.
Here is how you can create a custom audience in Facebook Pixel.
1. Head over to Facebook Ads Manager > Navigation Panel > Pixels.
2. Click Details, you will see a new page where all the tracking data is available.
3. Click Create Custom Audience for a new pop-up bar.
4. Now, a set of criteria that visitors must meet to be tracked. Enter the number of days you want people to stay on your audience and add a name to your audience. Press Build Audience to start tracking
Congratulations, you now keep track of niche audiences on your Shopify store with Facebook Pixel.
If for some reason Facebook Pixel is not enabled in your store, do not track properly, or does not work as expected, you can read our Facebook Pixel Helper guide to troubleshoot your Pixel.
Facebook Pixel Shopify Apps
If you are not very fond of pixels up manually install and want to make the process simpler then Pixel Perfect is the app for you.
It makes installation Facebook Pixel on your Shopify store is quite simple and easy. You can only make a few clicks to install Pixel on your Shopify store with Pixel Perfect.
It also lets you easily add the event to your store page. You do not need previous coding experience as an application automates everything for you.
Pixel Perfect is priced at $ 14.99 per month.
Pixel Conversion Pro
Application of this pixel for pixel Shopify helps train you to be the best pixel out there. It tracks all events easily in your store to optimize your pixel.
It can track multiple ID Pixels to make it easier for you. Everything is done autmatically so all you have to do is install this app and let it do its job.
You can increase your conversion rate by optimizing Pixel Shopify you through this amazing application.
Tracking Pixel App
Do not need to know any other way of coding or programming associated jumbo. Pixel Trackify application for Shopify lets you install pixel up on your Shopify store with just one click.
You can also add a few pixels to your Shopify store using this app that lets you have a secondary pixel in your store so that you can have it as a backup for your main pixel.
If you want to use multiple pixels on your Shopify store then Trackify is the perfect app for you. Trackify have two different paid plans.
Shopify Facebook Pixel Add to Cart
If you can not track Add to cart events from your Facebook pixel then there is something wrong with the placement of your event.
Event to add to your cart should be placed on the page Cart. This means you have to place it in your Shopify theme cart.Liquid file. When finished, he would fire properly and you will be able to track events without any problems.
Multiple Facebook Pixel One Shopify store
Some people are looking for ways to use two pixels up on a Shopify store. That may be, but you better get it done by someone who knows coding.
You can drop one pixel only through Shopify interface as mentioned above, but to use other Pixel, you need to use the Google Tag Manager or hardcoded pixel directly in the theme file.
Just use the Facebook extension pixel maid to check whether the second pixel is working correctly. For pixels that fall through Google Tag Manager, make sure you have someone with experience dev view and also set datalayer / events correctly.
You May Also Like This: